NAS Access permisions

AustinJF

I just upgraded from Retrospect Pro 7.7 to Pro 8

Most stuff seems to work with one exception.

I have a QNAP NAS with multiple folders shared. Retrospect 8 access all but one of the folders.

I am running Retrospect under a specific account inperferences > Security (this account has access to the share)

I have reset the logon for the launcher and helper service

I deleted the problematid folder from the "My Network Places" in the volume list. I am not able to add it back. When I try I get a pop up screen asking for a user ID and Password.

Thinking it might be permissions related on the NAS I added the "everyone" account to that folder and still not able to get it accesses.

When I am trying to add the folder I see all the other folders on the NAS with correct total size info, except this one folder that is not happy.

I am out of ideas of what to try. Looking for other inspiration.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, I too have a QNAP, 21TB set-up which I back media up to R7.7. I get odd errors in the ops log. For example, If I have 20,000 TGA files, three of them will not have backed up becuase of a permissions issue. All the the others created at the same time from the same source will back-up. But not a random few. I check the security on them and they are all the same but won't back-up. Very odd. Do you have similar issues?