Error -100 Backing Up To HP Ultrium 448

Hi!

I have recently been trying out the new Retrospect 10 and unfortunately I have had the same trouble with it as Retrospect 9. Whenever I try to backup to our HP Ultrium 448 LTO2 SCSI drive on Mac OS X 10.7.3 I get a

"error -100 ( device rejected command)" which effectively aborts the backup.

I have no trouble short erasing or long erasing tapes and adding them to backup sets. It is only when I try to backup to them that the error occurs. Anybody got any ideas what to do next?

post-32103-0-94728900-1354309508_thumb.jpg

Backup with PreSTORE and BRU to this drive works without issues.

Cheers, Chris W.

Backup with PreSTORE and BRU to this drive works without issues.

"to this drive" you write, but not "from this computer using this cable". Does that mean you run the drive with other hardware on Retrospect?

I suggest you update the SCSI drivers and the firmware for the SCSI card. You should update the drive's firmware as well.

"to this drive" you write, but not "from this computer using this cable". Does that mean you run the drive with other hardware on Retrospect?

Thank you for your reply!

Sorry, I should have been more specific: On the same machine with the same hardware configuration and the same OS, BRU and PreStore work without problem. Retrospect (which was tested first in version 9) and subsequently again recently (after disabling/uninstalling the other software) throws this error.

The SCSI drivers and firmware are the most recent.

Cheers, Chris W.

• 3 months later...