Strange launch window - how do I get the normal GUI back?

seanbreilly

Occasionally, I come to my Windows 7 64-bit PC and click on Retrospect and get the attached window.

It "looks" like something is running and hung, but I really don't know. It's a window I've never seen

in previous versions/OS's.

Nothing I click on changes anything, and I can't seem to bring up the normal Retrospect GUI where

I can control and schedule scripts.

Is there a way to get back Retrospect Control wihtout rebooting?

- Sean

post-16379-0-37632900-1353528312_thumb.jpg

Update: If I click on the little x, it kills the job. Then I have to press the green power button and Retrospect restarts.

Then I can get to the real GUI and see that the job I killed failed.

This window seems to be a "Monitor" - I really want to get to the normal GUI if I'm coming back to my PC

and a background script is having issues...

- Sean

If Retrospect is already running a job in the background it starts the "Activity Monitor", not the normal GUI. You can only get to the normal GUI by restarting Retrospect. I too find this very annoying. It has something to do with a program running in the background not having privileges to access the desktop. This was introduced with Windows 7.

Hi,

If you have an iPhone or iPad try the IOS app. You can check the logs (even remotely if you have appropriate internet / local network access) on a backgournd (automatically launched by the scheduler) Retrospect session. You can alo kill the job though I am not sure if when waiting (indefinitely) for media you can assign some space to enable the job to complete.