• Server = MacPro running 10.6.8 - two hard drives - Boot/System and StudentData
  • Retrospect 8 is installed and runs on the same server (so no clients involved)
  • StudentData has 4 shares for 4 different year groups in school (containing home directories)
  • Three of the drives were used by Retrospect 6 before upgrading - shares exist as sources in Backup wizard - no problem
  • In Backup Assistant, I'm not able to add the fourth, newest share. Have tried Add Source Directly, Add Share, and Test Address and get the errors "Path not found" or "Can't find the requested responder (-530) Looked up the error code but all the notes had to do with remote clients which is not relevant to my situation
  • I'm using the following as the address of the share: afp://SMSmaster/Volumes/StudentData/2016SMSClass (where SMSMaster is the server name, StudentData is the name of the drive where student data is stored, 2016SMSClass is the name of the share on that drive.)

What am I doing wrong?