egoff

Retrospect Multi-Server 7.7.620 crashes at launch

Retrospect Multi-Server 7.7.620 suddenly started crashing at launch. The program window appears, then after a few seconds the program quits. How do I troubleshoot? Thanks.

It seemed that the config.77 file was corrupted, so I started over with a fresh config and Retrospect started working again. I restored a version of config.77 from a date before the problem appeared, but with that restored version Retrospect still crashed on launch every time. So I restored an even earlier version of config.77, and now it appears to be working, so far.

This saved potentially hours of troubleshooting. I recently upgraded from 8.5-9.5 with no issue, 2 days later, splash screen comes up but then nothing.

Re-installed/restarted, almost did a full restore on the server. Saw this, renamed the config file, relaunched, good to go.

What does the config file hold? All my scripts were still in place, clients, backup sets, everything.

That's very interesting. The config file used to contain the settings for the scripts, clients, license codes and where the backup sets are located. If you started out with a new config file all that should of been lost. So did that change in V9.5?