Can Retrospect v8/9 communicate with Exabyte Mammoth LT

oslomike

I am trying to consolidate my older system into the new system. And I have this old Exabyte Mammoth LT drive which I need to be able to read from. The drive shows up in the storage devices window, but something tells me that it's not communicating as it should. It could of course be several things, but I would like to know if there is any software driver issue with an Retrospect not being able to communicate with it. It has been in use with my older Retrospect v6.1 system without problems. Is it still supported in v8/9?

thanks!

mike

Thanks Lennart!

That shows that the drive is supported. What I wonder though, is there any necessary driver software that is needed to be installed. In the v6 days, I didn't need to install any software, it just worked. On v8 it seems as if they don't communicate all that well together. For example, Retrospect can see the Mammoth LT drive just fine, but when I put a tape in, I get the message where the name of the tape should be that says "wrong name" or something like that. I'm not at work at the moment where the machine is, so I can get more exact info until Monday.

Thanks again Lennart for the help!

mike