Uninstall problem with Retrospect 8, continued backup reminders

amsimon

Hi,

I recently uninstalled Retropsect 8 for Mac from my iMac. I thought that I followed the directions to completely uninstall the program and any backup schedules, etc. - deleting a couple of files manually as suggested and then running the uninstaller. However, I continue to get a daily notification reminder saying that "You have not been backed up since Sat, Sep 12, 2009. Contact your backup administrator for more information." I've searched around for any remaining retrospect files but can't seem to find them. I'm running Mac OX 10.7.4. Anyone have any suggestions on how to stop these notifications? Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the response and sorry I did not give more details.

I had the Desktop 3-user license. So, I had the Console/Engine and Client running on my desktop computer. I was not using it on any other computer.

To uninstall, I thought that I followed the instructions below, including deleting those folders and files from the Library folders. I checked again and those files and folders are no longer there. I do have Time Machine running to an external backup drive. Could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks.

To remove EMC Retrospect 8.0, follow the steps outlined below.

1. The Uninstaller preserves Config files (which contain the database of logged-in clients, scripts and schedules, and general Retrospect engine preferences), the Retrospect console’s preferences, and all Media Set Catalog files (which keep track of what files are backed up to each Media Set). If you instead want to completely remove all of these settings and Catalogs, delete the following files and folders:

/Library/Application Support/Retrospect/Catalogs/

/Library/Application Support/Retrospect/Config80.bak

/Library/Application Support/Retrospect/Config80.dat

~/Library/Preferences/com.emc.Retrospect.plist

2. Open the EMC Retrospect 8 application folder and double-click the Uninstall Retrospect 8 icon to run the uninstaller.

I didn't see an unintaller for the Client software. I tried reinstalling the Client software to see if it came with an uninstaller, which it did not. However, I did find an uninstaller that someone has posted at this site:

http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2011/04/01/uninstalling-the-retrospect-backup-client/

I ran it and hopefully it worked.

Thanks