Sign in to follow this  
stoneda

Unable to create Emergency Recovery CD from online website

Hi,

I just purchased the online Upgrade Restrospect 7.7 for Windows. I have attempted several downloads of the Emergency Recovery CD image (.iso) from the Retrospect website but am unable to find the image file on my hard drive (C:) in order to burn the image to a CD. In what folder should I be able to find this image file?

stoneda

PS. I have read the addendum document and it is of no help.

On my computer, I have a file called "Retro_Emergency_Recovery_CD-EN.exe". You could try looking for this via Windows Search.

When I run this .exe, it extracts a file called "Emergency Recovery CD - EN.iso" to a subfolder called "Retrospect Recovery CD".

Also, if I extract my full download of Retrospect (Retro-EN_7_7_325.exe), it contains a "Recovery CD Image" subfolder containing the same .iso file.

Thanks Cygnis. Just prior to your reply I turned off my Firewall software for a while, saved the "Retro_Emergency_Recovery_CD-EN.exe" file to My Documents, executed it, and noticed that it extracted a file called "Emergency Recovery CD - EN.iso" to a subfolder called "Retrospect Recovery CD" within My Documents. I was then able to burn this *.iso image to my CD.

This is the first time I was able to see the image file on my computer. I'm not sure if it was because I saved the .exe file to my computer or turned off the Firewall software. In any case, I now have the image on a CD. Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful.