Delete unwanted backup from a Media Set?

Is there a way to delete a backup in a Media Set?

While trying to diagnose why Retrospect 9 (Macintosh) wasn't backing up a specific client, I re-installed the client software on their machine and remove them and then re-added them into the system. In doing this, I accidentally added their main HD as a backup source instead of the designated backup folder. Thus, I backed up their entire HD (over 100GB) instead of the folder I intended to back up (sever MB). Good times.

Anyway, I'm hoping there's a way I can remove this from the Media Set (an LTO4 tape)?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kristin.

• Like 1

Actually, this is all I had to do:

Retrospect Server 9 > Past Backups > Delete Backups > Delete the unwanted backup

This removes the backup from Retrospect itself, though the information still resides on the tape. But, to remove the data from the tape, I just had to copy the media set to a new media set and that data isn't copied to the new media set. Then, I just swap the old media set with the new media set in my backup script, and on we go.

A little convoluted, but works none-the-less. (And yes, I realize this isn't directly removing the data from the original tape, but in the end, I've reclaimed the unwanted used space.)

Thanks,

Kristin.

• Like 1