Is the Retrospect 9 limits some folder's file system type?

Hi there,

I once mount a folder with some file system other than hfs, the file system supports extended attr;

but in the Retrospect's sources, the folder could not be seen;

when I press add button, I could not find the folder also.

I also notice that there is a "file system" based rule on the rule setting tab.

SO Does the Retrospect 9 will only show the well known folders? and can only act with those well known file system's folder?

many thanks.

With a standard local Mac OS Extended volume, Retrospect will be able to see all data that is seen by root (because Retrospect itself runs as root).

Thanks Mayoff,

Take /abc folder for example, before I mount /abc with some device manually, when I browse the boot disk, I can see /abc folder existed;

than I mount /abc with some volumes who's file system was not formatted with Mac OS Extended file system.

but I can see /abc from finder.

I mount an nfs share to /Volumes/nfs, it can be saw by root, but could not be seen by Restrospect, am I miss something?

Maybe let me ask the question clearly:

1) /abc folder was mounted to some device connected to the Mac with iscsi ;

2) the iscsi lun was formatted in to some file system, besides the Mac OS Extended file system.

than :

Can Retrospect default saw the /abc in sources list?

If some special attribute should be needed to show in the sources list, what's the attribute?

thanks.

Well I can't say about iScsi (I currently do not have one set up) I can tell you about NFS. It is not supported. Why?? No idea why retrospect would not support this format as it is supported by Unix (Os X) and Linux and Vista, Win7 (if you have Ultimate, or Enterprise) and ( I may be totally wrong here ) but I remember reading somewhere that afp was depreciated some time ago, meaning at some point it will no longer be supported. ( I will try and go back and substantiate this, like I say I could be totally wrong )

Also the only protocols that appear to be supported are Smb, Afp, Http which also means no FPT (which was supported in v6 ) ?? I remember beta testing v8 and they said they were going to add it back, but so far no go.

Well I can't say about iScsi (I currently do not have one set up) I can tell you about NFS. It is not supported. Why?? No idea why retrospect would not support this format as it is supported by Unix (Os X) and Linux and Vista, Win7 (if you have Ultimate, or Enterprise) and ( I may be totally wrong here ) but I remember reading somewhere that afp was depreciated some time ago, meaning at some point it will no longer be supported. ( I will try and go back and substantiate this, like I say I could be totally wrong )

Also the only protocols that appear to be supported are Smb, Afp, Http which also means no FPT (which was supported in v6 ) ?? I remember beta testing v8 and they said they were going to add it back, but so far no go.

Thanks, but I just can't find any official document which have comments on this.

And is there any possibility that Retrospect add this ?