Cannot Add New Members To Media Set

I am having a big problem with my Retrospect setup.

I cannot add any members to a media set rendering Retrospect useless for my backups.

I have an auto loading tape loader that I use for backups.

I added another tape to the auto loader and I wanted to add it as a member of the backup media set.

I go over to the Members section of the Media Set and add the the tape from the library slot.

It warns me that all of the tape's contents will be lost and I hit add to confirm the process.

I see the "Adding Member to Media Set" job in the activity log and it completes successfully however, it does not add it as a member to my media set.

I tried deleting my original media set and creating a new one and now I can't even add any of the tapes as members. I am now stuck with an empty media set and no backups.

I tried restarting the Retrospect engine and rebooting the server with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Why do you want to add tapes before they are needed? (That is, before the previous member is full.)

When needed I just insert a blank tape and Retrospect add the blank tape as a new member.

The tape was/is needed. I initially added the tape after the backup already failed for not enough space.

Either way, now I'm not able to add any of the tapes to my media set. What's wrong?

Retrospect syas "Waiting for media" when a backup runs out of space. What did you do about that? Insert a blank tape? Or cancel the backup?

What happens if you start the backup and inserts a blank tape when the running backup requests it ("Waiting for media")?

Retrospect syas "Waiting for media" when a backup runs out of space. What did you do about that? Insert a blank tape? Or cancel the backup?

What happens if you start the backup and inserts a blank tape when the running backup requests it ("Waiting for media")?

I started the backup and it says waiting for media, so I click on "Choose Media" and select one of the 8 tapes and hit OK. Nothing happens. It is still waiting for media.

I tried selecting all of the tapes, one by one and even 'Library Slots 1-8" which includes all my tapes but it still says waiting for media.