Retro 9 Mac Desktop: Backup to NAS share?

Retrospect backs up to Media Sets, which are comprised of the "set" of Catalog file and media Member.

Retrospect can use networked volumes as Members of Disk Media Sets; you must Add them as as Source before you can use them as a Member.

If you're trying to "see" a volume shared at /Volumes on the Engine host machine, that would lead to a failure if that machine had no user logged in to the Finder. Having Retrospect mount the share itself gets around that (although it does add its own potential for problems if you try and access the same share as a regular user while at the same time expecting Retrospect to access it too).

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Since my update to Lion, Retrospect 8 lets my desktop machine ask and ask and ask for an unavailable share. Why can’t it be ignored? I wanted to backup sporadically and manual to this share. Looks like this doesn’t function, as sooo many does not work in this program. It’s drivin me insane!

B.