"Don't have permission to see contents"

I am about sick of dealing with this software. I have had numerous isses with it and thanks to some for the help out here. Here's a new recent one that just popped up. I have already done a restore from my backup for a partiular file earlier this morning with no issues, now I'm in the process of doing another for a bunch of files and when I open the folder that the files are restored to it's telling me I don't have permission to see contents. I have to go into the info window and unlock each individual file so I can copy them back to my server. I have restored so many files like this, the same way and have never had this problem, until now, what else is new with this software. Anyway, I am not a techie kind of person so again any help will be appreciated. i am running Retrospect 8.2.0 on a Power Mac running 10.6.8, 2.8 Quad core. I am assuming that this would have to do with account premissions but I have not changed any of that on this machine. I am going to try and run Disk Permission repair and see if that works.

Thanks

Todd

Thanks Lennart,

Sorry, Yes Mac Pro, and it tells me straight up 10.6.8. Nothing else.

In all honesty I have not done anything different than what I have always done. Click on the restore button, select "search for files in selected media sets", select my backup, which I only have two that I backup to, one is a daily backup which backs up the server on a daily basis whihc I rarely if ever search off of, the other is a 2tb Seagate drive which every month I back up all my files to. This is the one I do almost all the retrieval off of. Like I said, I retrieved files off of earlier this morning with no issues and now this.

Todd

Then I don't know why you have problems now. Retrospect first restores the files and then sets the permissions. This is called "Finishing restore" on the Retrospect Console. Maybe you were too quick accessing the files?

You should be able to set the permissions on the enclosing folder (in the Finder) and then press the button for using the same permissions for all enclosed items.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I still haven't figured out why this is happening. All I can figure is the permissions of the previously backed up files have somehow been changed. Every time I pull these off backup, I have to unlock each and every individual folder and file just to access it. Is there any way I can fix this because this is ridiculous. It takes forever to do this. I tried pulling recently backed up files and I can see access them without having to unlock anything. I have not been able to figure this out. Please help.