Demo version 9 -- docs are version 8?

I am considering migrating from version 6.x desktop (running on G5/OS 10.5.8) to version 9.x running on 10.7.4

before I get too far here, the demo application (version 9.0.2) has version 8 documentation in the bundle as well as from the app. Is that an oversight, or is version 8 and version 9 mac one and the same?

Doesn't give a customer a sense of "they know what they are doing now" when you see file version discrepancies in the docs.

I UNDERSTAND that version 9 is a very new product. But version 6 has performed quite well for many years -- give me a good reason to upgrade? Did I simply get a bad build of the demo bundle?

Thx

J

How are you running 10.7.4 on a G5? You can't install Lion on a PPC G5 machine. And with Lion Apple removed the ability to use Rosetta to run PPC apps so you can't run Retrospect 6 on Lion. That's why you have to upgrade to Retrospect version 9.0 or run something else.

I agree that the docs showing version 8 is amateur hour though. Version 9 is update from 8 so a lot of the stuff is shared but still a bit discomforting to see that they didn't bother to update the docs properly.

How are you running 10.7.4 on a G5? You can't install Lion on a PPC G5 machine. And with Lion Apple removed the ability to use Rosetta to run PPC apps so you can't run Retrospect 6 on Lion. That's why you have to upgrade to Retrospect version 9.0 or run something else.

I agree that the docs showing version 8 is amateur hour though.

I am MIGRATING to a new machine. Obviously you can't run Lion on PPC.

I am testing R9 on new machine - hoping to restore all V6 and earlier backups.

An upgrade guide is needed.

If Retrospect expects customers to read the forums and dig deep for this information, you will lose us.

There is a guide to the new features in Retrospect 9. It's in the file Retrospect User's Guide Addendum.pdf in the main Retrospect application folder, in the same place where you find the Retro 8 User Guide.

It's still a bit amateur, though.

There is a guide to the new features in Retrospect 9. It's in the file Retrospect User's Guide Addendum.pdf

Um, intuitive file naming?

PS -- I've been using Retro since 1991 -- I have NEVER seen an interface that was as confusing to me as version 9. I will rant on about V9's UI in another thread -- but I may not get that far...