Retrospect and Bitlocker

I'm investigating using a bitlocker encrypted disk on a win7 client. My concern is being able to restore a whole machine in the event of failure or theft. I've experimented backing up files from this machine, and they appear to be decrypted on the way to the Retrospect server, since if I restore them to another machine I can open them. So far so good. My query is what happens during a bare metal restore. With bitlocker, the client machine has a small unencrypted boot partition, which then passes control to the encrypted partition, which appears as disk c: to win7. Retrospect backs up this disk c: (I can't see a way to make it back up the boot partition).

So, if I have an identical hardware machine, but different machine to the original, can I run the bare metal resore disk and then restore the backed up c: to this machine, and end up with a working platform? My feeling is that since I'm lacking the boot partiton the answer may be no. (also I guess the restored registry might be signalling to the os that c: should be an encrypted partition, and it won't be.)

Can anyone advise on the above, or give any insight on how to handle bitlocker encrypted laptops?

thanks

Julian Thornhill