Trying to Restore, Keeps Needing Media

I think a few other people have posted about this issue. Every time I try to restore particular files, I keep getting the "needs media" message. When I go to the folder it is calling for (part of the selected set anyway, which makes no sense), nothing happens. It doesn't continue.

I'm not sure what to do from here. I tried to verify the media set with the problem and the same thing happens, with the same folder being called for.

What should I do now? I'm in desperate need of a restore and am unsure how to access the files, which I know are there, somewhere.

What kind of media set are you using? How many members does it have? Are any members marked "lost?"

What kind of restore were you trying to perform?

When you say you "go to the folder" that "it" is calling for, exactly what steps did you follow? Was "it" the Choose Media window?

Unless you changed some parameters when you ran your backup script, Retrospect's normal backups will back up only changed files. If a file hasn't changed in a while, it might be located on an earlier media set member, and not on the most recent member.