Driver Update and Hot Fix 7.6.2.101

Retrospect Server (2):

Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2

Retrospect Multi Server 7.6.123

Driver Update and Hot Fix 7.6.2.101

Retrospect Client:

Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2

Retrospect Client 7.6.107

The client is continually deferred. I have uninstalled the client software, rebooted, installed the client software and rebooted again. I have configured the client for scheduled proactive and "As soon as possible;" but, neither option made a difference. I have also set a schedule from the server on the proactive tab of the activity monitor; and that did not work either.

I have attempted to backup via scheduled scripts and I was able to get one good backup; so, it appears as though it is only being deferred for the proactive scripts.

I also found that my proactive scripts stop running when attempting to poll this client. It gets deferred, then the poll starts on it again. So none of my other clients get backed up. Currently the problem client has been removed from my client list.

See my post on Proactive Polling. There's a temp file in c:\windows\temp\ which you need to manually delete. RS puts it there to stop multiple Retrospect backups from running at any one time and SHOULD delete it when the backup is complete.

If it's there, the client will automatically defer, which screws up proactive backups for everyone as the polling will jump back to the top of the client list!!

Anyway, thanks to the user who pointed me in the right direction...

Hope that helps. Rich