Why is Retrospect not recognizing Media Members?

Hello all, I'm fairly new to Retrospect 9. I've been using retrospect since the early 90s and have very recently upgraded to 9. I had created a few catalogs and did a few backups in January. I am trying to add to those catalogs now, but I can't get Retrospect to recognize the Media. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with my drive being configured properly. I mean, it was at one point, but perhaps and System or Retrospect update overwrote it... ?

When I run a backup, i'm prompted... Needs Media > Choose Media... It then prompts me to "Select media: 4-Software' and shows my drive (PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D) in the window. but the Eject button does not open the tray like I was used to in Rv6. So I use the keyboard eject and put the appropriate disk in (4-Software) only to have the Mac OS tell me that I 'inserted a blank DVD'. I can click 'OK' or 'Ignore', neither has any effect on the 'Select Media:) window. It just keeps showing my PIONEER Drive. I've tried this with several Catalogs. None are recognized.

Does anybody have a clue as to why, and what I can do about it?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

System configuration:

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

8 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D

Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3

Retrospect 9.0.1