Optical disks not showing up in Storage Devices

I just upgraded to version 9 (from version 8) and now my DVDs are not showing up in the Storage Devices section. I had this issue with version 8. The work around with version 8 was to open the disk drive, turn on the Retrospect Backup Engine in the Mac System Preferences and then the DVDs would show up. After I was done backing up I would then have to turn off the Backup Engine so I could use the disk drive outside of Retrospect.

I've tried several times to turn the Backup Engine off and on and the DVDs still are not being recognized.

I'm running a MacPro (2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon) with operating system 10.6.8.

The disk drive is: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GH41N (if that's helpful, but it worked in Retrospect version 8)

[sidebar] With every version of Retrospect there has been a major problem starting right out of the gate. I wish I would have stayed with version 8 since it was at least working.

I remember doing this with version 8. But, here's the problem. I can't drill all the way down to: /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/retro.ini

The "RetrospectEngine.bundle" isn't a folder. When I double click on the file it asked me to choose a program to open the file with. In the "Retrospect" folder I do have the "retro.ini" which I can open with

TextEdit, but there is nothing in there about DisableOpticalDrivers. Here's what is in the "retro.ini" file:

[OEM]

EditionOEM=0

[Options]

HideIcon=0

SetUILogging=3

SetFoundationLogging=3

SetAppLogging=3

SetDevicesLogging=3

SetEngineLogging=3

SetVolumesLogging=3

SetBackupSetsLogging=3

SetNetworkingLogging=3

[Devices]

Ignore1="DELL VCD"

Ignore2="DELL VIRTUAL CDROM"

I tried changing the "Ignore1"DELL VCD" from 1 to 0 (?) but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

I remember doing this with version 8. But, here's the problem. I can't drill all the way down to: /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/retro.ini

The "RetrospectEngine.bundle" isn't a folder.

Actually, it is, but Finder is configured to show it as a file.

To drill down in Finder, hold the control key down while highlighting the bundle and select "Show Package Contents."