Needs Media

I'm using a tape drive and I'm finding it frustrating that Retrospect simply blinks it's little black media icon and says "Needs Media" with no further information. What media? Does it need a new tape? Does it need an older tape put in so it can start verifying? I can't find anything that says something clear like "Insert 4-Backup Set." Am I missing something?

Compared to Retrospect 6.1 and earlier where the approprate media request window would pop up, Retrospect 8/9 is not so user-friendly.

You need to go to the Activities> Running window and click on the Choose Media button at the bottom. Retrospect will then tell you what it needs.

There's a cosmetic bug where, after you insert the correct tape member, Retrospect will begin accessing the tape but the media request window doesn't automatically close. At this point, simply click "Cancel" and the window will close.

... You need to go to the Activities> Running window and click on the Choose Media button at the bottom. Retrospect will then tell you what it needs. ...

Or you can just click on the Choose Madia tape icon. Why is the Choose Media icon a tape cartridge even when the backup set is optical? ;)