Backup of remote volumes with single-character names

For the past year there has been a bug in 8.x and more recently the 9.x engine that prevents it from accessing remove volumes with single character names (or generally, less than four characters). Of course, it is quite typical for users to have partitions named "u", "s", "u1", "s1", etc. Because of this, I must still run the 6.x version of Retrospect, which now no longer runs on the most recent 10.7 MacOSX. I expected this to be fixed with the recent update, but it appears that it is still broken. Before I pester Roxio support about this again, can anyone else verify that this is still broken?

• 3 weeks later...

I had noticed that the web pages were being rearranged, but I did not know that the product had changed companies yet again.

Actualllllllyyyy, the employees took over the project! Article from Macworld for you: http://goo.gl/02xwJ

:D

Also, in Latest News in the Forum, Robin Mayoff posted the link as well just yesterday!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying. The server can backup local partitions with short names, but it cannot backup client partitions with short names. I have about 20 clients to back up, and almost all of them have a "u" partition that needs to be backed up. This contains user data, home directories, and so on. They also usually have an "s" partition for storing temporary work files, but I do not need to back up those scratch partitions, and they also have a MacHD partition (or something similar) that has the OS and that I also do not need to back up. I am running the current version of Retrospect. I was surprised when this update did not fix this problem, which was first reported (to Roxio) about a year ago in version 8, and again last December when I upgraded to version 9 after I verified that the bug was still there. Is there any chance this will be fixed in the near future?