Retrospect 9.0.1 is available

OK ... perhaps I am totally clueless, but ... where is the Retrospect Engine bundle installer?

Seeing that 9.0.1 is released, I thought that I would try upgrading from Retro 8.2

I contacted tech. support for a license key and they provided one, and a link to http://www.retrospect.com/updates .

I downloaded the installer (retrospect-901401.dmg - 335637099 bytes), moved it to our backup server.

I shut down 8.2 and copied up my entire /Library/Application\ Support/Retrospect directory to a spare disk ... in case I have to back it out.

I ran the installer, and I got the usual Mac application installation foo (image below) to move the Retrospect folder into

my Applications folder. OK -- I'll bite. I installed the application and clicked on /Applications/Retrospect ... and it opened

up the Retrospect Console.

At what point in this process did an update to the Retrospect Engine happen? Nothing changed in /Library/Application\ Support/Retrospect.

What did I miss?

post-32040-0-87489200-1330545906_thumb.jpg

At what point in this process did an update to the Retrospect Engine happen? Nothing changed in /Library/Application\ Support/Retrospect.

What did I miss?

When you launch the Retro 9 console, you should get a message offering to update the engine. This message will appear only if the Retro 8 engine is running (at least, that's how it worked in Retro 9.0.0).

When you launch the Retro 9 console, you should get a message offering to update the engine. This message will appear only if the Retro 8 engine is running (at least, that's how it worked in Retro 9.0.0).

If, for some reason, that isn't working, you can "show package contents" for the console app and drill down to: Contents --> Resources --> updater and run the "Retrospect Engine Installer.pkg" installer manually.

Thanks to both of you. That worked.

That would have been a couple of factoids that would have been very useful to include in the Release Notes or the "Retrospect Read Me" document.

I'm curious about which bugs were acually fixed in Retrospect 9.0.0 and 9.0.1. The Retrospect 9.0.0 ReadMe says that it contains "[o]ver 250 bug fixes", but the 9.0.0 release notes list only 66 "bug fixes". Where can we find out about the other 180 or so bug fixes in 9.0.0?

The 9.0.1 release notes lists 32 "bug fixes". Is this list similarly incomplete?

Also, the Retrospect knowledge base page that's supposed to have a link to download the 9.0 ReadMe, http://kb.retrospect.com/articles/Retrospect_Article/Retrospect-9-for-Mac-Read-Me/?q=retrospect+9+release&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1 appears to be missing its download link (Firefox 10.0.2 on OS X 10.7.3).

Release notes are at: http://kb.retrospect...-Release-Notes/

I am fixing the read me KB article right now.

Yes, that's where I got the numbers of bug fixes actually listed. What I was asking about was the difference between the 250 bug fixes mentioned in the 9.0.0 release notes and the 66 actually listed in the release notes. And whether anything similar was the case for 9.0.1.

prl, I don't think I understand your question. The release notes linked above show all bugs fixed between 9.0.0 and 9.0.1

OK, thanks for that verification. The reason for my question is that the ReadMe for 9.0.0 says that it had 250 bugs fixed (presumably from the last Retrospect 8.x), but the Release notes for Retrospect 9.0.0 only lists 66 bug fixed (presumably from the last 8.x). Where can I find out about the other 180 or so bugs fixed between the last Retro 8 and Retrospect 9.0.0?