Problems after iMac Restart (Lion)

I have two problems with my nightly copy script, which maintains a bootable clone.

1) After a shutdown or a restart, Sources shows Copy HD (correct name) and ~Copy HD. The Copy script must be updated to show that Copy HD is the destination. I also remove ~Copy HD from the list of Sources. This inconvenience has been going on for some time. It probably has to do with Retrospect needing the destination for its use only.

2) Since Retrospect 9, perhaps more recently, the script will not run very long before stopping "incomplete." This is either scheduled or on demand. The only (bad) solution I know is to erase Copy HD and then run the script. Run time for the complete Copy is 3 hours instead of 1.25 hours.

I'd be grateful for any help or at least information about these issues.

Thanks for your interest, Dave.

My computer is an early 2009 iMac 24", Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, running Lion 10.7.3. This is connected by Fire Wire to a 1 TB Lacie d2 quadra HD.

The restarts are never during Retrospect runs. They can be routine, following updates to Apple or other software. The restarts have been near daily recently. Bluetooth does not see the mouse after HD sleep. I may have fixed this part since my post by trashing the Bluetooth preference and restarting.