Can't see snapshots

dgarner5

I have Retrospect 8.2 and am trying to restore to a failed hard drive on my computer from an external hard drive. I glick on restore wizard and it doesn't see my backup (file) on the external drive. I try to rebuild the catalog and when it is done it says the size is 0 KB. I cant see my media set on the left hand side. The external drive is working great. Any suggestions?

I glick on restore wizard and it doesn't see my backup (file) on the external drive. I try to rebuild the catalog...

If Retrospect can't see the file backup set, how were you able to repair/rebuild it?

...and when it is done it says the size is 0 KB.

Do both "its" refer to Retrospect?

A file backup set typically consists of two components: the data file and the catalog file. (A tiny file backup set can have both the data and catalog combined in a single file.) If you navigate to the data file in Finder, what file size does Finder report?

When you report back, also tell us about your setup: hardware, OS version, how the external drive is connected, etc. Also tell us the exact sequence of steps you took when attempting the catalog repair/rebuild.