Documents and Settings on Windows 7

We use Proactive Backup to get our workstations. The main folder we grab is Documents and Settings. We backup to tape all week, transfer this tape to another tape over the weekend and then do a New Backup Set to a new tape first thing Monday morning. So this gives us a full backup of the workstations every week with incrementals throughout the week. We have been slowing migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 and it appears as though the special folder Documents and Settings isn't working any more. I know the new folder in Windows 7 is C:\Users\ but I thought I had done some testing and confirmed that the Documents and Settings option would catch both. Is that not the case? I haven't figured out what is going on with the backups yet but it appears to be sporadic regarding which files get backed up. I'm not sure if it's even doing a full incremental any more.

I looked at a Windows 7 machine we have (Home Premium) and it has a hidden C:\Documents and Settings JUNCTION folder, which links to C:\Users. However, when I look inside using a command prompt it is empty. The C:\Users folder has what you would expect in it. Navigating to C:\Documents and Settings in Windows explorer yields an access denied error.

So looks like you will have to add C:\Users to your backup list.