Just Upgraded--Anything To Know Special Or Do?

cedarcreek

I've been a Retrospect customer through thick and thin and, with tomorrow's upgrade to Lion in our small office (three machines to back up--two Macs, one PC), I just purchased what's labeled on the site and on my receipt as "Retrospect 9" with five users. Retrospect, while always a bit cludgy in interface, has always worked for me and saved my bacon on a few occasions.

I've downloaded the .dmg and will install on the computers tomorrow after completing the Lion upgrade.

I'm seeing lots of unhappiness, it seems, in the forum, with 8.1; is that the same as the Retrospect 9 which I just purchased as an upgrade?

Is there anything I can do to make this switchover easier? I was planning on just setting up my new backup scripts, not bringing anything "old" over (and that may be the only option anyway, I don't know).

Also, I have a single Mac that I'd like to back up separately on to its own alternating hard drives (so much graphic stuff on it that I want to keep its lengthy backup separate from the others on the network). BEcause this Mac has the best speed, I'd like to keep its backup dedicated, not on the network. Would I need to purchase another copy of Retrospect or is there a product like the "Express" used to be? Or is there a more appropriate backup solution for this single machine?