Retrospect Manual

Is there any chance to get a up to date manual for Retrospect v9? All I get in the v9 download is a v8 manual and a small addendum.

So, e.g. a very basic task like the engine installation procedure is not documented properly. Not in the old manual nor in the addendum.

I really cannot understand how v9 can be released with a v8 manual only. That is utterly confusing and not very helpful. It feels like the

release has been rushed like hell.

So, is there anywhere a download link to a correct, up to date manual for this $900+ software?

It feels like the release has been rushed like hell.

So, is there anywhere a download link to a correct, up to date manual for this $900+ software?

Habakuk,

Rushed, really???? It took 2.5 years to fix all the bugs. Maybe the rush was to add features. Those feature additions arguably make it a marginally full version upgrade. I believe that a manual will be the last thing on the To-Do list. It took about the same time to write the Retro 8 manual (yes, some of the folks on this list remember it all too well, apologies that I don't have the exact dates).

Henry

... It took about the same time to write the Retro 8 manual (yes, some of the folks on this list remember it all too well, apologies that I don't have the exact dates).

I don't have exact dates, either, but I got my trial version of Retro 8 on 22 Aug 2009, and the version of the Retrospect manual I have has a copyright date 2010, and the PDF metadata in the manual has a creation date of 15 Apr 2010, and a modification date of 2 Jul 2010.