I have successfully used Retrospect for more than 10 years, and this is the first issue I have had, and it's rendered four years of backup inaccessible.

Error message during "Restore files from backup:" 1-2007 Pure BU is not a member of this backup set. Although it is named correctly, it has a different creation date: 1/1/1970 5:54 AM, instead of the desired 12/13/2007 4:26 PM. Please find the proper member or re-execute wtih the other backup set."

The external drive which constitutes "1-2007 Pure BU" is the same disk I have used for a number years, a 500GB Western Data USB drive (with more than half its capacity available). Oddly, at some point (I recently replaced my iMac to which it is attached), I ran a restore and got this message, and indeed, the drive did have the 1970 creation date. I have verified the contents of the Retrospect file ON the drive, so it is recognized and accounted for. And, I manually changed the creation date of the hard drive and the Retrospect archive on the disk to the correct 12/13/2007 date and time.

Retrospect still thinks the drive has the 1970 creation date, so I suspect it is examining a part of the file that I cannot either see or change.

If anyone can offer a work around, I'd be glad to try it. I've attached a screen shot of the error message, as well as the disk info which shows the correct file creation date...

For the record, I'm willing to upgrade to the newest version of Retrospect for Mac, but I'm concerned that the same issue will happen when the catalogs are updated.

Thanks!

Strange.

The workaround is:

Copy the current catalog file to a safe place.

Go to "Tools"-->"Repair" and the "Recreate <the type of backup set you have>".

You must/should replace the current catalog file (and that's why you copy it in step 1).

After that is finished, you should be able to do a restore.