"bad Media Set Header Found" - How To Fix

I have a Media Set that is giving me endless "Bad Media Set header found" errors.

Originally I tried to Rebuild the Media Set, but after over 100 hours I stopped it.

Now when it tries to run the Backup script with that Media Set it gives me the header errors until I stop it.

Retrospect 8.2.0 (99). Mac OS X 10.6.8. (For both server and client).

The back drive is a Drobo Pro.

All other Backup run file (8 of them).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James.

I have a Media Set that is giving me endless "Bad Media Set header found" errors.

Originally I tried to Rebuild the Media Set, but after over 100 hours I stopped it.

Now when it tries to run the Backup script with that Media Set it gives me the header errors until I stop it.

Retrospect 8.2.0 (99). Mac OS X 10.6.8. (For both server and client).

The back drive is a Drobo Pro.

All other Backup run file (8 of them).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James.

If you don't need the backup's contents, just recycle the media set and start over.

When rebuilding, what did Retrospect do for over 100 hours? I mean, wasn't there any sign of progress? Any error messages? Warnings?

If you don't need the backup's contents, just recycle the media set and start over.

When rebuilding, what did Retrospect do for over 100 hours? I mean, wasn't there any sign of progress? Any error messages? Warnings?

Nope.

Anyway, I think the issue was a failing drive in my Drobo. The Drobo didn't say this, but their Tech Support looked at the logs and determined that the drive in bay 4 was having issues. Cloning the drive to a new one allowed the Drobo to rebuild itself.

After that I deleted the Media set and created a new one.

The backups have all worked after that.

James.