Internal consistency check failed error in newly installed

Retrospect 6.0 Workgroup. When I attempt to check devices Retrospect scans and then attempts to read the contents of the exabyte 8505 - but quits with this error:

Esmq

Internal consistency check failed:

Assertion check at "dat.c-1582"

Quit at 1/26/2004 6:22 PM

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I know you said you've figured out what's causing but just in case this is something different, tonight doing a backup to CD-RW in the internal Superdrive (1.25GHz iMac, 768 MB RAM), it errorred during the comparison pass. I then did a Verify on the Backup Set and received:

Trouble in Retrospect

Internal consistency check failed:

Asserion check at "elem.c-811"

• 1 month later...

Quote:

Still getting this everytime Retrospect 6.0 is quit. Updated Drivers, no improvement. Any thoughts on why?

I kinda wonder why you didn't provide a single bit of specific information about your hardware/software configuration. Most installs don't assert on quit, so knowing what's different about your setup is what it will take to figure out what's happening.

Dave

Sorry, I thought I had listed system setup in a previous post. G4 PowerBook 1.33Ghz, OS X 10.3.2, 1Gig RAM, Retrospect 6.0.178, Driver Update version 5.1.103. Even if I just open Retrospect and quit, without running a backup I get the Assertion check at "memory.c-424".

I am having the same error message "memory.c-424" but it happens on my machine just after scanning my volume and matching. No such error message when I quit. I have a G3 (upgraded to 500 MHz G4 processor), 1 GB memory, 10.3.2, Retrospect 6.0.178, rdu 5.2.101. I am trying to backup to a file on an external drive. Before upgrading to 6.0, I was successfully backing up to a file with 5.0. Of course, I have since created a new backup file as recommended for 6.0. It appears to have successfully completed the initial backup, although it was unattended, with 14 execution errors. No backups have been successful since the initial one. Could the initial execution errors have something to do with the "memory.c-424"?

Since I was getting a lot of execution errors related to files, I ran Norton Disc Doctor. Once it fixed several errors in directories and files, Retrospect ran just fine, with no "memory.c-424" errors. However, there were still several execution errors.

I have a similar issue: G3 400/384, Retro 6.x & 160 GB FW Drives as destnation. The first backup of the week works fine then the second day crashes with the "Assertion ... c-424" message. When this happens I cannot put away my FW drive or mount it with Disk Utility.

Archived