Members Missing From Media Set

Members Missing From Media Set
What do you mean by "missing"?

For instance, Have you dropped the hard drive in a deep lake?

Or, Have you set the member as "missing" in Retrospect, but still have the hard drive in your posession?

If you are not going to use the media set any more, just delete it.

What do you mean by "missing"?

For instance, Have you dropped the hard drive in a deep lake?

Or, Have you set the member as "missing" in Retrospect, but still have the hard drive in your posession?

If you are not going to use the media set any more, just delete it.

Thanks Lennart, this is still an active Media Set that is scheduled to be backed up daily. The screen shot I attached shows "0" members which should be "2". I didn't remove them and the hard drives they are on is still mounted on the desktop of my Retrospect Mac. The association just disappeared...

Thanks Lennart, this is still an active Media Set that is scheduled to be backed up daily. The screen shot I attached shows "0" members which should be "2". I didn't remove them and the hard drives they are on is still mounted on the desktop of my Retrospect Mac. The association just disappeared...

That was a new one!

Have you tried restarting the Mac?

As a last resort, you could always recreate the catalog file.

That was a new one!

Have you tried restarting the Mac?

As a last resort, you could always recreate the catalog file.

Yes, I restarted the Mac, cycled the HDs too. No joy!

Trying a catalog rebuild now but it will most likely take a LONG time given the number of files I have in the Media Set...

Yes, I restarted the Mac, cycled the HDs too. No joy!

Trying a catalog rebuild now but it will most likely take a LONG time given the number of files I have in the Media Set...

We have found that when the Media Set window populates with file data but shows no members, it usually indicates a problem in the Retrospect console communication with the engine. Quitting and restarting the console (sometimes it takes several tries) has always fixed this anomaly for us in the past. We have also found that scheduled backups will occur, even if the console has previously indicated that the destination media set has no members.

In the event that this communication issue is not the problem (as might be evidenced by a scheduled backup failing to execute), another thing to check would be that the catalog path as shown in the media set's Overview pane is correct. Double-clicking on the catalog or using the Locate function in Retrospect might resolve matters without requiring a catalog rebuild.