Four days ago, I backed up my Mac Leopard 10.5.8 with Retrospect Express 6.1. Is it really necessary for me to use Retrospect 8.0 for Mac for a faster restore? I haven't duplicated, archived, or restored using Retrospect Express 6.1 yet. Should I go ahead and do those things, or should I just leave my removable disk with everything on it until I need to do a restore, such as when I get my computer fixed next and I lose the memory? I have read some of the reviews of 6.1 on this forum, and they all say 6.1 is too slow. If I do get Retrospect 8.0 it's going to be the trial offer. I've been having trouble getting an ASM from Roxio. I have the receipt, but it is very tattered and not too readable. Iomega accepted it and gave me the remainder of my 3-year warranty on my removable disk. My Retrospect Express 6.1 came with my iomega eGo portable hard drive. So far, Roxio hasn't given me an ASM, so I haven't been able to get the 30-day trial offer of Retrospect 8.0. or even register for 8.2, which I downloaded and tried to use as backup, not knowing that it was incompatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Four days ago, I backed up my Mac Leopard 10.5.8 with Retrospect Express 6.1. Is it really necessary for me to use Retrospect 8.0 for Mac for a faster restore?

As long as you are running OS 10.5.x, I would stick with Retro 6.1. I doubt if you would find Retro 8 to be faster; in fact, quite the contrary. You would also need to convert the Retro 6.1 catalog to Retro 8 format.

If you eventually, update your system version to Snow Leopard or Lion, you will need to move to Retro 8, but in the meantime I would hold off.