Retrospect 6 Thinks Drives Are Full With 399.77 Still Available

Hello,

I have a 10.6.6 client running Retrospect 6.1 WG. It is using a virtual tape type solution. We have 1.5 TB Hard Drives taking on Retrospect backups. As soon as the drive reach 399.77 GB available, Retrospect thinks that the drives are full and asks to add an addition to the series Example: (Backup Set A -2) Does anyone here understand why that is a limit? This is the 2nd time I've seen this on several different servers, with similar HW scenarios. Is it possible that Retrospect 6 backup set archives, limit themselves to 1.1TBs of disk space?

Thanks,

It is using a virtual tape type solution. We have 1.5 TB Hard Drives taking on Retrospect backups. As soon as the drive reach 399.77 GB available, Retrospect thinks that the drives are full and asks to add an addition to the series Example: (Backup Set A -2)

Not sure what you're trying to say here by "virtual tape." The only option for backing up to multiple disks is by using a Removable Disk backup set.

I know a file backup set has a 1 TB limit; offhand, I can't recall a limit for a removable disk (or a hard drive being used as a removable disk).

However:

I have a 10.6.6 client running Retrospect 6.1 WG.

Retrospect 6 is not qualified to run under OS 10.6.x. This may well be the problem.

Your client should consider themselves lucky to have run Retro 6.1 at all on this system version, assuming they can read and restore from their backups. They should definitely not try to restore any system files from Retro 6; probably not apps either.