Retrospect Crashes With A "run.cpp-323" When I Click The "check Media" Button

Guest ddixon

Guest ddixon

I just upgraded Retrospect from 7.7.341 to 7.7.562 on our Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Retrospect Multi Server 7.7 for Windows and am having a problem. Whenever you select the "Check Media" button either by quitting the application or when you verify a script, Retrospect crashes with the error "Retrospect has encountered a serious error: Assertion failure at run.cpp-323". Is there any fix for this?

Guest ddixon

For that specific script, what types of volumes are in the source list?

What is the next scheduled destination? Is it a disk or tape set?

Thank you for responding to me. To address the question of what types of volumes are in the scripts source list in question. They are all NTFS volumes, three are the local volumes on the backup server, and three are volumes on two other client servers. In addition, there are three volumes on a client workstation. I am afraid that I do not understand the next question that you are asking, “What is the next scheduled destination?” As for the last question, we are backing up to a tape set on a Dell PowerVault TL2000 Tape array library.

Guest ddixon

Thank you for responding to me. To address the question of what types of volumes are in the scripts source list in question. They are all NTFS volumes, three are the local volumes on the backup server, and three are volumes on two other client servers. In addition, there are three volumes on a client workstation. I am afraid that I do not understand the next question that you are asking, “What is the next scheduled destination?” As for the last question, we are backing up to a tape set on a Dell PowerVault TL2000 Tape array library.

Is there anyone out there?

• 2 weeks later...

I also am having difficulties since the upgrade. I use a HP D2D device that emulates a Tape Backup. Since the upgrade I get errors between the Tape Drive, the Tape Library and the media. The media will move to the tape drive where it will flash as unrecognized content and then show as unloaded. The tape is reported in the library as loaded in the tape drive. You have to exit the program to get it to unload the tape.

When I try to run scripts, it cannot load the tapes, and gets stuck in the same loop.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i went to validate script (selected a brand new script/backup set) and received a message that script appears valid, but when i click "Check media" is when i get the error and retrospect crashes. Changing the script source or destination did not cause a crash...only when clicking on "check media" does it crash...regardless of which script im checking media for. (i have 3).

• 2 weeks later...

Same here,

I have just updated my Retrospect to the latest version today (05 July 2011).

When I hit to validate my script, the error assertion cpp.run 323 occur.

the other thing is, I lost connection to brick layer of exchange mailboxes.

Credential keep popping up.

It was OK to backup individual email, after updating to the latest one seems has got problem now.

I have follow again to do:

MapiCDO 1.2.1

re-create RBU as a new user and member of specific domain as advise

and still the problem of asscertain error and unable access mailboxes in brick layer still there.

Anyone please help us!