Trouble Reading Files, Error -519 ( Network Communication Failed) On Exchange Infostore Backup

Hi,

my Exchange backup ends since this week with the following error:

- Trouble reading files, error -519 ( network communication failed)

the other volumes of this server were backed up fine. Only the information store backup ends after 537 MB from 75 GB with the described message.

This what i've done:

- first time: restart of information store and retrospect client

- next day: server reboot

- yesterday: client update of retrospect remote agent an server rebooted

same issue!

more information: a differential backup of the information store runs fine!?

Thanks for help!

That error usually means that a laptop owner pulls the plug and leaves the office. In your case it seems as the Exchange server stops responding for some reason. It could mean that a file is unreadable, a file that is already backed up when trying "differential" backup.

Try running CHKDSK on the Exchange server, and do a surface scan (checking all sectors).

That error usually means that a laptop owner pulls the plug and leaves the office. In your case it seems as the Exchange server stops responding for some reason. It could mean that a file is unreadable, a file that is already backed up when trying "differential" backup.

Try running CHKDSK on the Exchange server, and do a surface scan (checking all sectors).

Thanks for your answer...

Checkdisk could'nt find an error. Some more ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing this same error but when trying to backup an SQL database. All other volumes or directories on the same server back up just fine. This error doesn't occur until it reaches the SQL database.

The only thing I can think of for my scenario is that the server resides in a different domain on a different LAN network at the same site. I have a two-way trust established between the domains and as mentioned, other directories on this same server successfully back up. Otherwise the server resides in the same rack and operates on the same switch as the backup server. I'm not totally convinced this is causing my issue since file directories will backup correctly. Also, this being an application server, all other clients on both domains successfully run the application without any network issues.

I have made sure the backup service account on domain 1 is a member of backup operators on domain 2.

I'm out of other ideas to resolve this.