Error Message On System Restore

I get the following error message: Executing DirectRestore at 4/25/2011 9:46 PM

To volume Restore 3 on Local Disk (C:)...

-4/25/2011 9:46:09 PM: Restoring from RestorePoint, Snapshot Local Disk (F:), 4/12/2011 7:37:06 AM

File "F:\THOMAS-0Y9MNE6M\Documents and Settings\PERSONAL INFO DELETED FROM POST BY ME\Favorites\Links\craigslist sacramento classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events.url": can't write, error -1128 (path too long)

4/25/2011 9:46:22 PM: Execution completed successfully

Completed: 87 files, 83.7 MB

Performance: 418.0 MB/minute

Duration: 00:00:13 (00:00:01 idle/loading/preparing)

I had to replace my hard drive is C:, and reinstalled the operating system. I tried restoring to the days prior to the C: drive failure. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Which Retrospect product are you using? What version? What operating system version? What exact steps did you take for the restore?

Retrospect Express 2.5. Brief recap. My hard drive failed and I reinstalled the OS, which is Windows XP Home.

The restore points were still on the Iomega external hard drive, and I opened the Retrospect 2.5, selecting a restore point on the calender. I see the points are saved in a folder. Could I of made an error in reinstalling the OS instead of trying to transfer the restore point first? This is a good learning experience for me and others. Thanks in advance. Tom

Which Retrospect product are you using? What version? What operating system version? What exact steps did you take for the restore?

I finally figured it out. I was clicking F drive instead of C drive. The folder contained was created with the restore files. I was able to salvage what I needed especially pics and music and some word docs.

This is a good learning experience for me. I do have one question, was there a way to restore the new C hard drive before I reintalled the programs from my disk that came with the pc? Is there a procedure that one can employ to take the F external drive that has the backup of the computer right onto a clean C drive?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Tom