Sign in to follow this  
8d7858ef-108f-46d5-a248-0644253e006c

Primary Drive Replaced, Cannot Restore To C Drive

I have the emc retrospect hd express, and have been backing up the whole computer for months on the imogea prestrige F drive. My primary C drive failed, and I replaced it, and reinstalled my programs. Now I want to restore the saved files from the C drive, but when I choose a date and proceed to the next step , I get the restore to original location on local disk F drive , or The following location: Desktop\MyDocuments\My Restored Files\Restore 2. I have the manual twice and am still confused. Any help would be appreciated.

The program should allow you to select any folder on any desk as the destination. Do not select "restore to original location".

The program should allow you to select any folder on any desk as the destination. Do not select "restore to original location".

I get this error message: Executing DirectRestore at 4/25/2011 11:05 PM

To volume Restore 4 on Local Disk (C:)...

-4/25/2011 11:05:23 PM: Restoring from RestorePoint, Snapshot Local Disk (F:), 4/19/2011 12:07:02 AM

File "F:\THOMAS-0Y9MNE6M\Documents and Settings\ PERSONAL INFO DELETED BY ME FOR THE POST\Favorites\Links\craigslist sacramento classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events.url": can't write, error -1128 (path too long)

4/25/2011 11:05:39 PM: Execution completed successfully

Completed: 87 files, 83.7 MB

Performance: 358.3 MB/minute

Duration: 00:00:16 (00:00:01 idle/loading/preparing)

A new screen opens with restore 4, but I cannot figure out how to use it to restore my computer to a previous point. I need help. Thanks!