Retrospect Won't Recognize The Backup Set

hi folks,

i've been on a wild ride with retrospect this past week. my current problem is the following: i'm trying to restore some directories (Documents, etc), but retrospect doesn't recognize where the backup set resides. I make sure to click on the "members" tab when configuring the backup set, pointing it to the correct drive, etc. But, whenever i try to restore any files, it asks me to point it to the backup set, and it never recognizes it when i do!

any ideas? help would be *greatly* appreciated! i'm trying to rebuild the catalog as we speak, but i'm not sure if it'll work (and not sure why i should have to recreate it in the first place!)

thanks,

allie

Edited by luckycharms

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes it will work if you first rebuild the catalogue for the backup set.

The option to rebuild a catalogue in under Tools in the left hand navigator.

I'm having the same issue. None of the tools or restore can recognize any dataset that was written. The file extensions its looking for are only *.rbc and *.rbf but the datasets are saved as *.rdb.

Help, please

• 3 months later...

I too am having this problem. I had a disk crash, and of course, it was the one with all the backup catalogs. Since I make a backup of the catalogs, I thought I could just restore them, first recreating the destroyed catalog. However, when I point the recreate tool at the drive with all the backup sets, it does not recognize some of them as being backup sets, and will not recreate the catalog.

How come? I see the back up folder on the disk, it contains about 1.9 GB of data in the form of rdb files, but Retrospect says there is no data here.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

( I just noticed that the last question was asked May 2011 with no answer. Seriously, no one from Retrospect has an answer here? It should not just be put to other users. Or are we just all on our own here Roxio? This may be just the reason I need to retire Retrospect in the many companies I care for and switch to something else. ON this machine, of the 9 or so different backups run daily here, only 5 show up as having catalog data. Seriously, this software is this buggy this late in the game?)

Edited by o.rubin