Okay, this was kind of a surprise, at least to me. On the other hand 'old Retrospect forum' users should have expected Roxio would like to integrate Retrospect into its own community. And especially how the recent situation was with a very slowly operating forum and tons of spam, it seemed like nothing was being done. Turns out something was! :D

I do hope most of the old core users will come over as well. Time will tell, but I have a good feeling about that.

Glad to see you come over. We always appreciated your forum posts.

it would be really, REALLY cool if the old posts from forums.dantz.com could be imported into this one. Maybe in a section "historical" or something. They are both PHPBB, no? It should be pretty easy...

The 2 forums use a very different forum engine actually.

Doing an import is hard because all the user accounts would need to move over, and some user names could already exist in the Roxio forum. For now we are keeping the old forum live, and it is google searchable.

it is google searchable.

As for searching the old forum. It's extremely/unusably slow. Searching there is not a real option at this moment.

It is as fast as Google always is:

Your search items here site:forums.dantz.com

I'm quite happy Lennart came over as well.

Thank you! Likewise!

The usefulness of the older forums is limited to a small window that is shrinking every day -- I suspect after a few months most current issues will be covered. It will just take some time. The new forums look fine. However, if I recall correctly, there used to be specific forums for the different Windows products. Have some of these products gone away?

Thanks.