Feature Requests

Mayoff

Thanks Mayoff, that is closer to what I want, but in the exported backup report, it looks like it only has it for the last day of each backup set. I would want it for every day for something like the past month. The operations log has a lot of the information I would need in it, but it is not in a usable Excel format. Is there a way to have the backup report display for several days? Thank you for your help so far!!!

• 1 month later...

Feature Requests:

1. The option for compression to be done at the client agent before the data goes over the network (rather than only on the server). This might help in backup over a WAN scenario to reduce the data size.

2. Proactive Snapshot Transfers. This would allow one to use a USB drive shared on another computer as a target, and the proactive would only launch the execution when the share was present and the backup set detected thereon.

This would facilitate USB drives connected anywhere to be used as part of an off-site storage solution, that waits for the user to connect their USB drive upon which it then performs the snapshot transfer starting within 90 seconds.

3. The ability to use an agent to actually manage a disk based backup set (or any back set), usable by the server.

4. The ability for one agent to send it's data directly to another agent, communicating with the server only periodic status updates and scanning/matching results/data. This would allow a media (disk) agent to manage reception of data from other agents at a remote site, for example, without the need for the data to traverse the WAN to get to the server, yet still allow the server to control everything.

5. The option of compressing/batching all the communications for feature 4 above. Allows the backup to continue if the WAN is offline for a while.

Back in 6.0, if a backup was run from the run menu (and probably other places too), the activity window had a "realtime" compression ratio if software compression was turned on. That feature is not there in 7.5. I found that feature to be very useful and would like to see it returned.

Thanks!

Bruce

Archived