"7.5 pro" will not read "express" back up files?

viteren

Novice with a problem: Does not Professional 7.5 read Retrospect express (.rbd) back up files ?

I bought a Western Digital external HDD with Retrospect Express bundled. I set up the necessary back ups with express. Recently my primary HDD corrupted. I installed new HDD, formated the PC, and was ment to restore my express back up files. But then I could not find my "retrospect express" program to re-install. So in good faith I today have bought 7.5 pro to get my express files restored. But my 7.5 will not recognize my .rbd express back up files, it only looks for .rbf and .rbc files!?

What do I do?

Backups created with Retrospect Express should work fine with the Professional version. What you will need to do is either find your existing catalog file (which will be a.rbc) or rebuild the catalog.

By default, the catalog file is saved to your My Documents\Retrospect catalog folder. If you do not have the catalog anymore, you can do a catalog rebuild by going to Tools>Repair Catalog>Recreate from disks and point it to the drive that you have the .rdb files saved to.

Archived