Primera Bravo II Support ?

Greetings,

I am trying to use a Primera Bravo II with Retrospect v7.1 and the latest driver update.

When I use the Retrospect backup wizard, the device is recognized but the with no media.

As the Bravo II has a full 25 disk hopper and is equiped with a robot to load the disks into the drive, my expectation is that Retrospect would send a command to the Bravo II to load a disk and then burn it.

Am I missing something here?

Bob

• 2 months later...

Hi Bob,

There was not a 7.1 version of Retrospect, you either have 7.0 or 7.5. In order to use the Bravo II you will need 7.0 with the 7.0.10.101 driver update, though I would recommend getting the latest driver update (7.0.12.105). There is also this note on the support page: "Window Public Notes: For Retrospect support, Primera branded inkjet printable DVD+R media is needed."

I haven't used one of these personally, but I would imagine they should operate simalarly to a tape library. One thing you might want to check is that you have the option "Automatic skip to blank media" enabled in Configure>Preferences>Media Request.

• 4 years later...

Even i faced similar kind of issue with my primera cd printer as well. Seems like it is pretty common with the primera cd dvd publishers. One of my friend suggested me another product which has better features and coming at a reasonable price. Its called XLNT Idea Nexis Pro which comes with dual drives and can publish 100 cd's with in an hour. XLNT Idea products comes with discworks software which has better features than retrospect and is more reliable.

Archived