Proactive backing up too many files

I've got Proactive backup working well across my network, but there's one drive on one server where Retrospect always backs up all of the files - it doesn't seem to take account of the files it already has in the backup set, it just grabs everything again.

Anyone got any ideas? I did a search in the tech support and forums, but didn't see anything.

Oh, Retrospect 7.0 BTW, latest version and client, and the volume in question is NTFS.

Thanks,

P.

Hi,

The troublesome volume is NTFS and being accessed via the client, correct? What operating system is this client? Are these files in a location where the modification date may be updated by workstation access or some kind of virus/malware scanning application? You say it backs up *all* of the files everytime? Does this happen with an immediate backup? Can you check the properties of a few control files before and after subsequent backups?

Quote:

The troublesome volume is NTFS and being accessed via the client, correct?

Yup.

Quote:

What operating system is this client?

Windows Server 2000

Quote:

Are these files in a location where the modification date may be updated by workstation access or some kind of virus/malware scanning application?

Not at all. The machine has three drives. The other two back up normally, but the troublesome one always gets EVERY file backed up. Even files with a modification date several years ago.

Quote:

You say it backs up *all* of the files everytime? Does this happen with an immediate backup? Can you check the properties of a few control files before and after subsequent backups?

Hmmm.... that's odd. Just did an immediate backup and only 4 files were backed up. But the last half dozen cycles of proactive backup have backed up everything...

P.

Archived