Support MMC drives

It's a standard, use it. Then we can use "virtually any" CD/DVD drive, like the vast majority of other backup software. Face it, Retrospect is the best PC Backup software out there (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) that has BY FAR the WORST device support of any of them.

(barring MMC support, please add support for the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B)

Quote:

It is true we don't support that exact drive but I do see that we support the

HLDS GCA4166B (HP version) and HLDS GWA-4166B (HP version)

But I already have the drive in question and was *unable* to get retrospect to use it. I tried the [certification?] process and 2 hours later (it was my machine at home, and I'm occasionally a patient guy) the process still hadn't completed.

Can you explain (unless it involves divulging I/P info etc) *WHY* retrospect doesn't "support MMC drives"?

Thanks!

Bruce

Quote:

Can you explain (unless it involves divulging I/P info etc) *WHY* retrospect doesn't "support MMC drives"?

If the lack of support for MMC DOES involve I/P info, can you at least tell us that it does involve I/P so that I/we won't keep wondering?

Thanks!

Bruce

PS - silence may be golden sometimes, but not when it involves support issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I guess, due to the lack of response (it's been more than a month since the last post), there must be some I/P (yes, Intellectual Property is what I meant) issues. In fact I can only conclude from the lack of response that there is some I/P that *precludes* the release of the I/P about why they don't use MMC or support more drives or ...

Quite frankly I'm disgusted with the lack of support from EMC.

Bruce mad.gif

Archived