Error code -3047

Jack Sparrow

Hi,

Error -3047 (disk inactivity threshold not met) means that the disk was too busy for Retrospect to backup certain open files. So it is likely that it is only some of the files in that particular folder causing this problem. However, the error itself will cause open file backups to fail for the entire disk.

Is this the only folder you're backing up from that drive? What applications are you using on this server?

You can attempt to get around this error by lowering the disk inactivity threshold which can be found in the Open Files section of the options for that script. Try dropping it to 2500 and then run another backup.

Thx !

I'll try it. I get this error on different drives on different servers...

And i get another error :

"Corresponding problem between "Folder" on "Server" and Tuesday A, error -625 (unsufficiant memory)"

My server is a Xeon 2.8Ghz with 1Go RAM, and there are 5Go left on the C: drive, so i can't understand this error.

Thank you very much !

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
Error -3047 (disk inactivity threshold not met) means that the disk was too busy for Retrospect to backup certain open files. So it is likely that it is only some of the files in that particular folder causing this problem. However, the error itself will cause open file backups to fail for the entire disk.

Is this the only folder you're backing up from that drive? What applications are you using on this server?

You can attempt to get around this error by lowering the disk inactivity threshold which can be found in the Open Files section of the options for that script. Try dropping it to 2500 and then run another backup.

I expected the same problem so I put 500 for the "Disk inactivity threshold" and then I increase this value until the max before I expect the same error....

Archived