More clarification RE: Advanced Tape

I'm curious about the new Advanced Tape Support in Retrospect 6.5, but would like some clarification.

Can you run separate jobs simultaneously, one to drive A & one to drive B?

Is this Advanced support literally for tapes only? Or, can you run simultaneous backup jobs to multiple physical/logical drives, too?

If you have two jobs that you wish to run simultaneously (one of computer A, one of computer B), but both will be writing to the same catalog (say, All Computers), can they do this, or will they queue up and only one job will be able to update the catalog at a time?

Quote:

Can you run separate jobs simultaneously, one to drive A & one to drive B?

Yes

Quote:

Is this Advanced support literally for tapes only?

As far as I am aware, yes

Quote:

Or, can you run simultaneous backup jobs to multiple physical/logical drives, too?

You can do that without the advanced support - multiple simultaenous backups to local drives is included in the standard package.

Quote:

If you have two jobs that you wish to run simultaneously (one of computer A, one of computer
B)
, but both will be writing to the same catalog (say, All Computers), can they do this, or will they queue up and only one job will be able to update the catalog at a time?

Hmm, not sure - I think the second job will queue up, and this will be the same for the advanced tape support addon as well.

Archived