-625 out of memory error

Hi,

I am getting the following error.

Script: BM Store

Client: Bureau1

Date: 5/13/2006

Trouble matching BM Store on Bureau1 to BM Store [001], error -625 (not enough memory)

The server is running Retrospect 7.5 and the latest rdu. It has 2gb of ram and is only a backup server it has nothing else running on it other than Sophos anti virus. Is the error from the client end or the server. What causes this error?

Any help most welcome.

Best wishes

Michael

I'm seeing several of these as well. The odd thing is that I am not running any A/V and I have performance monitors running at all times to see how much memory is available at the time of the backup script failure.

The performance monitors clearly show at least 500 MB of available physical memory at the time of failure.

Have you been running perfmons Baz? Do you see the same?

My backup server is a dual 2.8 GHz Xeon with 2 GB of RAM as well, and I too am running Retro 7.5. We did not seem to have these issues running 7.0.

Their is plenty of ram available. It seems to do it some clients and then not others. I quit Retrospect over the weekend, reopened it and all was fine again. This will be ok now for a few weeks and then come back. It does it on a mixture of scripts to.

Here are the stats for two of the failed clients

141,157 files @ 8.4gb

71536 files @ 744mb

It seems very odd.

Best wishes

Michael

Hi,

Althoug your amount of both files and data seems small it might be worth trying to split up the backups. If for no other reason than that it is better to do somthing than nothing.

I did have similar errors on volumes that contained above 2 million files, but splitting the volumes up in smaller parts solved the problem.

Regards

Lars

Archived