Device Trouble error -212 (media erased)

I can't find any information on this error code or why the media is being erased. The backup starts but does not complete due to this error. I am assuming that the tape is getting full and then Retro erases it but I find it surprising that I can't find any info on this error message. I've looked in the Knowledge Base, read through the manual and searched the forums to no avail. Anyone?

Hi Chris,

Is that a standalone drive or a library? What are the SCSI id's? Any other devices on the chain? Have you checked with Exabyte to see if there are any firmware updates available? I see a required version of 1001 and it looks like 2104 was current as of September 2004.

It is an Autoloader/Library.

SCSI IDs -

4:0 Library

4:3 Drive

There are three others that are internal:

0:0 CD_ROM

2:6 1x5 SCSI BP

7:0 PERCRAID

I know that I've put a firmware update on the drive and library within the last 3 or 4 months. I'll check again for updates.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Keep us posted whether or not those updates make any difference. You should probably also check to see if there is an update for your SCSI card available.

Also, you don't actually say it, but is it safe to assume you've already run a few cleaning tapes?

Archived