Possible support for 29160 in future?

Does Retrospect plan to support the Adaptec 29160 in the future? The card is fairly recent, and many people have already purchased it with the intent on using it with their tape drives. Also, does Retrospect have a problem with connecting VHDCI to regular 68pin wide connector like it does with Wide to Narrow?

Thanks,

David

FYI-

I just did a fresh install of OS X 10.1.4 on a blue/white G3 with retro 5 that is connected to an AIT Tape Library via an Adaptec 29160. It is working just fine. Just make sure that you get the latest driver from Adaptec for OS X if that is your operating system.

good luck-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our Hardware supplier sold us a 29160 adaptec card with our Sony AIT drive and retrospect workgroup (G4 with latest OS X server updates) telling us all was compatible according to the Dantz website. When I checked the Dantz site 6 weeks ago I though I did see it was supported, though I cant be 100% sure. Was this card supported then removed? Cause all we get is Bad Backup set header errors. Have tried various versions of 29160 drivers.

This card was listed on the supported list very briefly. However, further testing with the Adaptec 29160 card has shown that it does not offer consistent reliability when used with Mac OS X. Thus, Dantz removed this card from our list of SCSI host adapter cards that function reliably with Mac OS X.

Archived