Will scripts run when Retrospect is closed?

I have Retrospect Single Server Disk to Disk installed on a MS Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server. My questions is.. if I have a script setup to run every day at 11.00pm - and I close Retrospect.. will this script still run? Or do I have to leave the server logged on with Retrospect open (lock computer at night) for this script to run? Thanks to anyone who can help shed some light on this issue for me.

Retro will launch, run and then quit (if you've set it that way) by setting that under the Preferences to enable the Launcher service. If you plan to run unattended, you'll probably want to set a login user under Prefs so that the program will run with the the needed (admin-level) permissions even after you've logged out.

I have Retro Single Server 7.0 running on MS Windows Server 2003 and my auto launch doesn't work. I have my preferences set to Enable Launcher Service, Automatically launch Retrospect, and Stay in Retrospect. If I quit the program it does not auto launch.

Hi Foster,

The scripts are not deferred and it definitely does not go to sleep, hibernate, or have any screensaver set. It is a very active mail server. I have an older version of Retro running on a Windows 2000 Server as well and it has never autolaunched either.

Chris

Hi Chris,

If you go into services on your server, does the Retrospect Launcher service respond to you? i.e. can you stop and start it?

Are there any errors in Windows Event Viewer related to the Retrospect Launcher service?

Can you try re-installing the launcher service by going to Configure>Preferences>Startup and unchecking the option to Enable Retrospect Launcher service, exit Retro and reboot the machine, go into preferences and enable the launcher service, then exit Retro and reboot the machine again?

Archived